Christiane Heggan's Blog
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
 
Well, we asked for the hot weather, it's here. The last few days have been scorchers. This past weekend, friends of ours had a garden party. The heat was intense, but the food delicious and the setting worthy of being put in a novel. Or a movie. Thank God there was a tent, and fans. In fact, when I heard someone say fan, I was gone.

And now we are fast approaching the July 4th weekend, with more outside parties and good food. This year, I might try to make one of those pretty American flag cakes. You've all seen them in magazines, with the strawberries and the blueberries for the stars and stripes. It's so pretty. I wonder how many people will have the same idea.

Then, next week, my friend Christina Skye will fly in from Phoenix to spend a few days in Philadelphia. When she comes, we always get together for a lunch and a dinner and we play catch up. I'm really looking forward to seeing her. She's one of the nicest people I know, and a fabulous writer.

As far as my writing goes, I've been on a roll lately--21 pages yesterday, 14 pages today and close to 50 pages last week. That's great, but, needless to say, I haven't sewn a stich. And I have such pretty fabric waiting to be cut--a gorgeous, pink summer tweed for a jacket, and a plain, pink gab for the skirt. Maybe next week. Otherwise I'll have to wait until next year because my fabric club is already sending me fall fabric! Except that it's much too hot to handle wool.

See you in a couple of days,
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger