Christiane Heggan's Blog
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
 
Post 4th of July
As much as I love long, lazy holiday weekends, I'm sort of glad it's all over. I must have gained twenty pounds from all that wonderful food. We had decided early to avoid Philadelphia altogether because of the Live 8 Concerts being held on the Parkway, and celebrate with friends and family instead. The Philadelphia event was a huge success. Reports said that we were expecting close to a million people. I don't know if we came close or not. Probably. Of course the city now has to clean up all that trash, so we'll stay away a few more days.

The neighborhood parties were wonderful, and we couldn't have had better weather. Everywhere I went, someone wore something patriotic, the tables were decorated with little flags. It was great.

Hope your holiday was just as fun. I'm back to work now. Write, write, write. It's a short week so I'm not sure I'll be able to do my 50 pages. Before I go back to the manuscript, however, I'm going to do 30 minutes on the treadmill. That should burn about 200 calories, right? Talk to you later.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger